| E N T R E E S
| side dishes
| too good to leave out
filipino style pancit (noodles with chicken and vegetables)
corned beef sandwiches
Good for breakfast, lunch, or any time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1 Tbs baking soda
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbs salad oil or soft shortening
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- Sift together all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, and salt).
- Combine beaten egg, milk, salad oil or shortening, and vanilla extract.
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture, stirring just till moistened.
- Bake on hot griddle or frying pan. (Turn when bubbles appear on the top side.)
Makes 8 four-inch pancakes.
If buttermilk or sour cream is substituted for sweet milk, add 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda and reduce baking powder to 2 teaspoons.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.