| S I D E D I S H E S
| too good to leave out
< cucumber avocado and basil un-salad
Fried Green Beans with Garlic
Still under 30 minutes even if you trim the beans.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste, a couple of shakes of each from a shaker
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 Tbs butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim green beans if not purchased pre-trimmed.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat for about 1 minute in a large fry pan.
- Add green beans, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula. Beans will get brown spots in about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add water carefully and have the lid handy. The hot oil will make the water splatter. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until water evaporates. (About 1 minute)
- Stir in butter and garlic. Continue stirring for another 2-4 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
- Add a dash of soy sauce to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.