| S I D E D I S H E S
| too good to leave out
< fried green beans with garlic
japanese sauteed mushrooms
Use leftovers in a non-boring way.
- 3 Tbs sesame seed oil, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 cup shredded, cooked chicken or pork
- 2 green onions, sliced with portion of green part
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas (or use leftover)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn (or use leftover)
- 1-2 Tbs shredded carrot
- 1-1 1⁄2 cups of cold, cooked, white rice
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 Tbs water
- Shake of ground white pepper
- Spray medium skillet with nonstick spray. Add 1 Tbs sesame oil.
- Break egg into cup and stir. Pour into skillet and allow to cook over medium heat until firm. Turn to cook both sides. Remove from pan and chop coarsely. Place in a plate or bowl with the chopped meat.
- Add 2 Tbs sesame oil to skillet and sauté chopped onions and mushrooms for 1 minute. Add the other chopped vegetables and cook another minute.
- Add chicken and egg. Stir until heated.
- Add cold rice and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add soy sauce, water and a dash of white pepper to taste. Stir while heating through.
- Place in bowl and serve.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.