| side dishes
| A P P E T I Z E R S
| too good to leave out
s w e e t s
Pico de Gallo and Tortilla Chips
Delicious with or without chopped chilis.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1⁄2 white onion, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 juice of lime, squeezed
Garlic salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix the rinsed and chopped tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Add the lime juice and mix.
- Add the garlic salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish and let flavors blend while you make the tortilla chips below.
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- Cut tortillas into wedges of the size desired. Scissors or a pizza wheel are efficient for this process.
- Heat oil in pan. Deep fry a few wedges at a time until light brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place in serving bowl for dipping, or top with cream cheese and mushrooms.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.