| side dishes
| TOO GOOD TO LEAVE OUT
s w e e t s
creamy chicken marsala
Butter Garlic Herb Steak
This is a good recipe for camping also.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1⁄2 red onion, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 pounds top sirloin steak, cut into one-inch cubes
Garlic Herb Butter:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the red potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and red onion.
- Add salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
- Place four 18x12 inch pieces of heavy aluminum foil on counter.
- Evenly place vegetable mixture on each piece of foil.
- Top vegetables with steak.
- Place butter, parsley, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Equally divide garlic butter on top of each grouping of steak/vegetables.
- Double-fold top and ends of each piece of foil, leaving space for steam to gather.
- Place packets on the grill (or oven; see Note) and cover.
- Grill 15 minutes or until steak is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Open packets carefully.
Place on a cookie sheet or small dutch oven with foil packet to get same effect as grill.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.