| side dishes
| TOO GOOD TO LEAVE OUT
butter garlic herb steak
garlic beef and broccoli lo mein
Creamy Chicken Marsala
For a special occasion when you have company.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup Marsala wine (see note)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon olive oil in pan.
- Add the chicken and lightly salt and pepper.
- Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms from 1-2 minutes.
- Add marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Place chicken back in sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
The alcohol will burn out during the cooking process.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.