| E N T R E E S
| side dishes
| too good to leave out
< old-fashioned hash
pineapple sausage skewers >
Onion Scrambled Eggs
Contributed by Taiwanese student attending school in Pullman, WA.
- 1 small onion
- 2 green onions
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbs chicken stock/mushroom stock/vegetable stock
- 1 Tbs Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 pinch sea salt (two rounds of grinder)
- Black pepper (optional)
- Slice onion.
- Wash green onion. (Take out any wilted or damaged top and root.)
- Lightly beat eggs.
- In a 12” non-stick fry pan, cook the onion in oil over medium high heat until the onion is soft.
- Add the eggs. Cook until soft, coating with onion.
- Add chicken stock, Mirin, and salt, stirring about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Toss with black pepper and green onion, stirred for a few seconds.
- Sea salt can be replaced with soy sauce, dashi sauce, or ketchup.
- Add different ingredients: mushrooms, kale, diced bell peppers, tomatoes are all optional.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.