| P A S T A
| side dishes
| too good to leave out
< stove-top tuna casserole
farfalle pasta with basil >
Easy Parmesan Pasta
Using a micro-plane grater is the trick to make this recipe easy.
- 4 ounces fettuccine or another long-strand pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1 Tbs. butter
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to boil. Add the salt to the water.
- Carefully and slowly add pasta to boiling water. (Water should continue to boil as you add the pasta.) Cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender-chewy. This will take 10 to 12 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, grate the parmesan cheese with a micro-plane grater unless you purchased pre-grated cheese.
- Turn off heat. Set aside 1⁄2 cup of the cooking water. Set colander in sink and drain pasta in the colander. Return the drained pasta to the empty saucepan.
- Sprinkle the pasta with finely grated cheese. Add butter and 2 Tbs reserved cooking water to the pan, stirring constantly to combine. Return the saucepan to the stove burner on low heat. If sauce is too thick, thin with the remaining cooking water….a little at a time.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl and sprinkle with extra cheese and pepper. Say Yum.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.