| P A S T A
| side dishes
| too good to leave out
< easy parmesan pasta
quick pasta salad
Farfalle Pasta With Basil
Salad for 2.
- 2 cups farfalle pasta
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup pesto
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cut to desired size
- 1 to 2 Tbs olive oil, if needed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: 1⁄4 cup blue cheese or feta cheese crumbles
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to boil. Add salt.
- Carefully and slowly add pasta and salt to boiling water. (Water should continue to boil as you add the pasta.) Cook stirring frequently, until pasta is tender-chewy. This will take 9 to 11 minutes.
- Drain and cool pasta in a colander. (Running cold water over the pasta shortens the time for cooling.)
- Place cooled pasta in bowl and add the remaining ingredients: pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, olive oil, parmesan cheese. Stir to mix ingredients until well blended.
- Add blue or feta cheese crumbles on top.
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.