| side dishes
| TOO GOOD TO LEAVE OUT
creamy chicken marsala
sausage egg roll in a bowl
Garlic Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
Great even if you don’t like broccoli!
- 4 oz lo mein or spaghetti noodles
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 oz flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄3 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook the noodles according to directions on package. Add dash of salt or olive oil to water.
- Add broccoli the last 5 minutes of cooking and let them cook until crisp-tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet.
- Cook the steak until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook for a minute more.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper, and pepper.
- Drain cooked noodles in a colander
- Add noodles and broccoli to the skillet and pour the sauce on top. Toss (or use tongs) until incorporated.
- Eat and enjoy!!
Download the book
All text and images copyright © 2019 Shoreline United Methodist Church, Shoreline, WA.